Subclass 771 of the Australia Transit Visa: Eligibility and Application Procedure
Information on the eligibility criteria and application process for Australia Transit Visas, Subclass 771 Regardless of how much money we have in the bank, whether we're traveling abroad or inside a single nation, we all want to save money on flight. However, your options are restricted if you're not from Australia or New Zealand to get a visa that enables you to travel through that nation without having to pay for your own transportation.
Are you interested in traveling from Australia and New Zealand? If so, you might be interested in applying for the new Australia Transit Visa Subclass 771, which enables you to both accomplish so and travel via Australia on many occasions. Continue reading to discover more about the qualifications needed, the application procedure, and more.
A transit visa for Australia is a brief-term visa that is only provided to allow you to pass through Australia on your way to another nation. It depends on a variety of criteria, including your country of residency, and whether or not you require a transit visa.
Those who possess a marine crew visa 988 may enter Australia on a transit visa in order to board a non-military ship.
A Transit Visa: What Is It?
You could require a transit visa if you're going to travel to Australia. You can travel through Australia for up to 72 hours with the Australia Transit Visa - Subclass 771. Non-Australian citizens and permanent residents who are traveling to another nation may apply for this visa. You must have a current passport from your place of citizenship and be able to demonstrate that you have onward travel arrangements in order to be eligible for this visa. Before departing for Australia, you can apply for the Australia Transit Visa - Subclass 771 at any Australian embassy overseas. When applying, there will be a cost that you must pay.
You can travel through Australia temporarily using the Australia Transit Visa (subclass 771). This visa is only available to travelers who are in transit to another country, have a ticket that is valid, and who won't be leaving the airport while they are there. These visas may also be issued if the traveler requests an exemption from Australian authorities despite not having the legal right to visit Australia. This visa has various limitations, such as whether or not it has been a year since your previous departure from Australia.
when Can I apply for these types of visas?
If you are traveling via Australia to another nation in transit, you can apply for an Australia Transit Visa - Subclass 771. You must fulfill all other qualifying conditions, including having a valid ticket to your next destination. If you are traveling via Australia to another nation in transit, you can apply for an Australia Transit Visa - Subclass 771. You must satisfy all other qualifying conditions and possess a current ticket for your intended destination.
Do I Need a Transit Visa for Australia?
You will need a transit visa unless you are from one of the countries listed below:
- Czech Republic
- Federated States of Micronesia
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Papua New Guinea
- San Marino
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Arab Emirates
- The United Kingdom*
- The United States of America
If you are from these countries, you will also need to meet the following requirements:
- You will be traveling to Australia via airplane.
- You have a valid passport or travel document that allows you to enter another country.
- You have travel arrangements to another country within 8 hours of your arrival.
- You will not be leaving the transit zone for any reason, including collecting your baggage otherwise, you will need a visa.
- You hold a Hong Kong Special Administrative Region passport or British National Overseas passport.
- You are a resident of Taiwan and you were issued a passport by the authorities of Taiwan.
- You are a government official from India with a passport issued by the Republic of India.
- You hold a diplomatic passport.
Document Checklist for Transit Visa 771
If you need to apply for a transit visa 771, then make sure you provide the listed documents:
- Valid Passport.
- National ID card.
- Visa 771 application form.
- One recent photograph.
- Detailed itinerary.
- Evidence of previous visa (maritime crew applicants).
- Confirmed flight ticket to another country.
- Visa for another country (if applicable).
- Proof that you meet the character prerequisites.
- Evidence you signed Australia’s values statement.
- Health Insurance.
See Crew Transit Documents:
- National ID.
- Proof of employment on your current ship.
- Travel plans to another country.
- Proof that the ship you will be working on is non-military.
- Seafarer’s identification.
- Statement from your shipping agent including:
- Your full name.
- The name of the employee you will be taking over for.
- The company name employs you.
- Your arrival date in Australia.
- The date you will be joining the ship.
- A copy of the request to let new crew members join from the ship’s agent in Australia (if applicable).
- Assistance forms:
- Form 956a
- Form 956
How to Apply for a Transit Visa for Australia
You must first determine your eligibility before applying for an Australia transit visa. To qualify, you must meet the following requirements: -have a valid passport from an eligible country -have a confirmed reservation for subsequent travel to a destination outside of Australia -be transiting through Australia to a destination outside Australia -be able to show proof of sufficient funds to support your stay in Australia -meet health and character requirements. Get the essential application paperwork for an Australia transit visa if you are determined to be eligible. It has been made simpler by the Australian Department of Immigration by offering online and downloadable application forms. According to the directions on the form, complete these forms with precise information and submit them online together with your supporting papers.
You will then be informed, either successfully or unsuccessfully, of the outcome within four weeks.
Transit Facilities at Australian Airports
A few of Australia’s airports have limited space for their transit facilities and as a result, you may need a transit visa even if you meet all the requirements to travel without a visa 771. This will depend on the airport you will be arriving in:
- Sydney, Cairns, and Gold Coast. You will need a transit visa if you are passing through here overnight since these airports don’t work 24 hours. You must have a valid visa while you spend the night elsewhere.
- Perth. Here you will find transit lounges that allow you to stay without a transit visa if you enter and depart from the same terminal.
- Darwin. If you need to have your baggage transferred from airplane to airplane, you will need a transit visa since this airport does not provide this service.
- You will need a transit visa for overnight flights and if you switch aircraft. However, you may be exempt from the transit visa if the airline sends a notice prior to your arrival, provided you already meet the requirements for traveling without a transit visa (see above).
- Canberra, Sunshine Coast. This airport does not work 24 hours and does not provide travel facilities for passengers that can pass through Australia without a transit visa. Therefore, all passengers going through here will need a visa 771.
How Can I Obtain a Transit Visa for Australia?
By submitting your application through ImmiAcocunt, you can get a transit visa. If you don't already have one, open one before your travel. You need to have an account so you may attach the visa application form and the necessary papers. Make sure you submit your application at least a month in advance.
How much does an Australian Transit Visa cost?
The transit visa 771 is free of charge. If you require this visa, you are not obliged to pay a basic application cost.
How long may I stay in Australia on a transit visa?
With a visa 771, your stay in Australia is limited to 72 hours. If you are a member of the marine crew who arrived in Australia by plane, you have five days to board your new ship. Your transit visa expires after five days, and each time you fly into Australia to join a new crew, you must submit a new transit visa application.
How long does it take to obtain an Australia transit visa?
The majority of applications are processed in a little more than a month. However, certain applications could be processed completely in less than two weeks.
How Frequently Can I Enter Australia While Traveling on a Transit Visa 771?
After receiving your transit visa, you are only permitted to enter Australia once. Every time you travel, you must submit a fresh visa 771 application if you want a transit visa for Australia.
Can I apply for a transit visa for Australia online?
Yes, you may use ImmiAccount to submit an online transit visa application.
Can My Family Apply for a Transit Visa 771 With Me?
If your family members also require transit visas, you must submit a separate application for each of them. Included in this are infants who are listed on their parent's passports.
Australia Transit Visa from New Zealand
If you have a New Zealand passport or are a resident of New Zealand, you typically need not need a transit visa 771. Additionally, if you possess a special visa 444, you can enter Australia without any problems.
However, you still need a transit visa if you don't match the aforementioned criteria.
Travelers who meet the requirements can transit through Australia with the Australia Transit Visa - Subclass 771. Travelers need to have a current passport, a round-trip ticket, and enough money to cover their expenses during their stay in Australia in order to qualify for this visa. This visa's application procedure is rather easy to do online. It's crucial to keep in mind, nevertheless, that this visa does not permit visitors to enter Australia for leisure or business.