Australian Awards Scholarships for Postgraduate Study in 2022/2023
The Australia Awards Scholarships for postgraduate study in 2022/2023 are now open! These scholarships are fully funded and will cover your tuition, travel, and living expenses while you study in Australia. If you are interested in applying, please read on for more information about eligibility and how to apply.
Australia Awards Scholarships provide funding for Australian citizens and permanent residents to undertake study at an overseas institution. The scholarships cover full tuition fees, living expenses, and return economy airfares to Australia. The program covers international study at the Masters or Doctoral level in any field of study available at an overseas university, as well as recognized overseas institutions that deliver undergraduate qualifications at degree level or above. If you’re interested in undertaking postgraduate study abroad in 2022/2023, you could receive up to $100,000 in scholarship funding through this awards program.
If you are looking to study in Australia, please read this article through. Because in this article we will explain in detail what are Australia Awards Scholarships, their benefits, and step by the step application process.
See more Post
Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
Institution(s): Participating Australian Institutions
Study in: Australia
Opportunity Focus Areas:
Engineering & Technology
Business & Law
Medical and Applied Sciences
Nursing and Midwifery
Human, Health, and Social Sciences
Program Period: Depends on the chosen degree.
Deadline: April 29, 2023
Expenses Covered by the Scholarship
Australia Awards Scholarships provide the recipients with the following benefits:
Full tuition fees
A contribution towards accommodation expenses, textbooks, study materials
Return air travel—payment of a single return, economy class airfare to and from Australia, via the most direct route
Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE) – a fortnightly contribution to basic living expenses paid at a rate determined by the department.
Pre-course English (PCE) fees
Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of the award (for award holder only)—provided to cover the scholar’s basic medical costs (except pre-existing conditions)
Introductory Academic Program (IAP)—a compulsory program before the commencement of formal academic studies covering information on living and studying in Australia
Supplementary academic support may be available to ensure a scholar’s academic success or enhance their academic experience
fieldwork (for research awards and Masters by coursework that has a research component where fieldwork is compulsory) may be available for eligible research students for one return economy class airfare via the most direct route to their country of citizenship or within Australia.
Eligibility Criteria for Australia Awards Scholarships
To be eligible for Australia Awards Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
Required Language: English
Citizens of one of the participating countries in Asia, the Pacific, Africa, and the Middle East. See the complete list of participating countries.
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age on 1 February of the year of commencing the scholarship;
- Not be a citizen of Australia, hold permanent residency in Australia, or be applying for a visa to live in Australia permanently;
- Be a citizen of a participating country (as listed on the Australia Awards website) and be residing in and applying for the scholarship from their country of citizenship;
- Not be married to, engaged to, or a de facto of a person who holds, or is eligible to hold, Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency, at any time during the application, selection, or mobilization phases (note: residents of Cook Islands, Niue, and Tokelau with New Zealand citizenship are eligible but must apply for a Student visa [subclass 500]);
- Not have previously received a long-term Australia Award unless they have resided outside of Australia for twice the length of the total time that they were in Australia (for example, a previous awardee who has been on an Australia Awards Scholarship in Australia for four years will not be eligible to apply for another Australia Awards Scholarship until they have resided outside Australia for eight years);
- Not be current serving military personnel;
- Have satisfied any specific criteria established by the Program Area or the government of the applicant’s country of citizenship (e.g. having worked a certain number of years in an appropriate sector);
- Be able to satisfy all requirements of the Department of Home Affairs to hold a Student Visa. This may mean that the Program Area will need to withdraw an award offer if the recipient cannot satisfy the visa requirements;
- Be able to satisfy the admission requirements of the institution at which the award is to be undertaken (this may mean that Program Areas will need to withdraw an award offer if the recipient cannot satisfy the institution’s admission requirements. This may not be known until Program Areas request a placement at selected institutions);
- Not be applying for a scholarship for a course of study at an academic level lesser than they have already achieved (eg be applying for a Master’s scholarship when they already hold a Ph.D.); and
- Applicants must inform the Program Area of any connection or relationship to staff employed at Program Areas (including locally engaged staff at post) or with managing contractors so that the application may be properly and transparently managed.
- Read the complete eligibility criteria in the Australia Awards Policy.
How-to-Apply: You can apply for the Australia Awards Scholarships 2022/2023 in two ways as detailed on the how-to apply page;
Applying Online: Go to the Online Australia Scholarships Information System (OASIS). When you register online, you will be required to answer some questions to establish your eligibility. You will then be given a unique registration number, username, and password.
Applying by Email: If you are unable to submit your application online, you can apply by mail. Please check your participating country profile for contact details to obtain a hardcopy application form and any other templates such as referee reports (if applicable).